These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Up the Hill and Around the Corner - to Kelly and Bobby's House we go...

Jack,

This morning I packed you up and took you up the street to Aunt Kelly and Uncle Bobby's house to spend the day with your Aunt YAI! You were upset when we left because I had made you breakfast, but we were in a hurry so I was bringing it to their house for you to eat it there.

You didn't understand. You thought I wasn't going to feed you and you were STARVING! You were screaming so loud when I loaded you in the car, I'm certain that we woke the rest of the sleeping neighborhood.

By the time we got up to Aunt Kelly and Uncle Bobby's house, you were distraught. We rushed you inside into a high chair and plunked your breakfast in front of you. You seemed surprised, as though you were thinking ..... 'OOOOOH - THIS is what you were trying to do? THIS isn't so bad. Actually it's kind of nice!'

I brought in your carload of things that a child with explosive diarrhea will need over the course of one day - Pedialyte, Milk, snacks, a bag of diapers, two new containers of wipes (TRUST ME - YOU NEED THEM!), and four changes of clothes. Over the top?!? You'd think so, but NO....

I'm glad you are going to get to spend your day with Aunt Kelly. I know you will have an absolute blast. My only hope is that Kelly is able to stay germ free herself because I'll feel awful if her or Bobby get sick.

Your Great-Grandma or "GG" as you call her is having knee surgery today - actually, at this very moment. I am waiting by my email for updates to come. Also, at lunch today, I'm going to visit your Great-Grandma Jane to eat with her and talk to her about you. I'm also going to be giving her a picture that we got from a penpal of ours from India, Paul, who is currently working on an oil barge off the coast of Africa.

(He sent this image of himself when he gets angry - HOOOO! Watch out!)

He was thoughtful enough to send her a Christmas wish from across the ocean so she would know that someone is thinking of her even from far away.


I just talked to Aunt Kelly and I could hear you laughing in the background at her silliness. You are having a ball and it makes me so happy! Kelly was telling me that earlier when Bobby was home, they were playing with you and all she had to do was say "Jack, look at Uncle Bobby!" and you would start chuckling without even looking up (heh-heh-heh), because you knew he was doing SOMETHING silly to try to make you laugh.

It's Thursday and I'm counting down towards the weekend because your Daddy will be finished with his classes and hopefully most of this illness will be behind us.

I'm so ready for family time where we can relax and enjoy each other!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: