These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Cousins in the Cookers...

Jack,

You have some excitement coming in 2007 with the arrivals of two new cousins. We learned the news of your Uncle Matt and Aunt Lisa's pregnancy last month and couldn't be more excited!

Yesterday, we got confirmation from your Aunt Erin that she and your Uncle Brett are expecting their second, too!

How exciting! Two new cousins! And - with them only being about a month apart in age, I predict they will be very close friends. I can't wait to see how you do with these little tiny babies because I think it will be shades of how you would do as a big brother. NOOOO - no news. I'm not expecting, just wanting to see how you react.

Another morning - another episode of diarrhea at daycare which was so enormous it could only be termed a "butt explosion". I am wearing the explosion on my shirt and on my sleeve and I REEK, but there is nothing I can do about it so I am just a stinky mess and waiting for someone to say something to me about it.

The daycare sent you home early on Monday because of diarrhea, so I'm kind of expecting I'll have to pick you up early today because of that, too.

I'm now convinced again that this HAS to be the Rota Virus. You have green, foamy poops that are so huge that they soil your entire outfit and you practically have to be bathed after each one.... The weight has fallen off of you and you look like a scarecrow version of the little pudgy man you were.... You had vomitting for 2 days and now this diarrhea that just WON'T QUIT! It has to be the Rota Virus...

Also, we ended up having to take April to the vet last night for her vomitting and diarrhea. They are treating the symptoms to see if that takes care of it. If it doesn't, we'll move to the next step of x-rays to see what's going on inside her. Hopefully the symptom treatment helps her get better.

This illness that we are struggling with is kicking my ass.

I'm so glad for the thoughts of the little cousins in their cookers that are coming - it's a perfect mind distraction and I couldn't be happier for my brothers and sisters.

Just watch out for that Rota Virus!

Love,

Mommy

Here is your latest artwork to preserve! Sponge paint fish in a fishbowl! (Apparently these fish have the Rotavirus, too....):


and a Dot-Marker picture that you made, too:

No comments: