These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Lights

Jack,

This weekend we were all struggling with getting over the virus that has been plaguing our house for over a week now, plus a minor fever and sore throat thingy has now crept in and we have runny noses and minor coughs.



Please, please let us feel better for Christmas!!



Last night your Daddy and I needed a reprieve and so did you. We packed you into the car and took you to Tilly's Park to see the Christmas Light display. It was absolutely gorgeous!

There were also horse-drawn carriages passing us so you got to see real horses. You LOVED pointing out cartoonish light displays that moved as though we hadn't seen them ourselves and were especially excited when you would see an animal character that you recognized. We had a wonderful time at the light display.



SUCH a wonderful time, in fact, that you were heartbroken when we reached the end. I tried to strap you into your carseat again while you arched your back with all the power in your little body (MAN - you are STRONG!) and screamed so loud that I could almost not even hear my own voice trying to soothe you and calm you down. I tried singing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" to you, but it was drowned out by the tortured crying as you lamented having to be forced back into your carseat and taken away from the pretty twinkle lights.



The good news - you are approaching the end of this bought with your second round of the Rotovirus - but it's crept into your classroom and one of your classmates was hospitalized for it this weekend.


It looks like they will be sending you home again today. They sent you home everyday last week and today looks like it will be no exception.

Poor baby. Get well soon sweetie!

Love,

Mommy

Here are some of your art projects!

You love this one of a painted train (with lots of help from your teacher, I'm sure!)

Here is a marker picture that you made:

And here is a snowman that you assembled with glue. I love this one! (the other day we were looking at it and you whimpered that you were scared. I think you have decided that snowmen are scary...):

No comments: