These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Laughing Babies

Jack,

Last night I sat down with you in front of the computer to watch babies laughing. I surfed the net with you for videos of babies laughing because I had seen a video earlier and it had made me laugh harder than I had in a long time and I wanted to see how you would react.

Truth is, I've seen you laugh, but I'd be thrilled to have you laughing 24/7. I also would LOVE to see you laugh like this baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjXi6X-moxE

We must have watched this video 5 times. You would smile at it and, when the baby was laughing the hardest, your smile would widen, but you didn't laugh out loud. You did, however, insist that you wanted to see it again and after tiring of that video, you helped me pick the next one by pointing at a new video with a frozen image of a baby so we could see that one next. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ARBWKpfA4&mode=related&search=

All in all, it was a great activity that I highly recommend to anyone! An evening of laughing babies was great fun.

Plus - now that you know that it's possible to laugh this hard - maybe I can get you to do so, too!

I guess I have to hit on exactly the right noise... I'll let you know when I figure it out!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: