These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Second Christmas 2006

Jack,

Today is your second Christmas and this morning was fantastic. Your Daddy and I know our boy and what he likes. Apparently, we told Santa all the right things!

Here is your Christmas before you came down the stairs.



Wow!



Here you come!



Whoa!

You couldn't believe your eyes and wanted to get down immediately so you could check out this fantastic setup in your own house!



Oh, MY GOD! THOMAS the Tank Engine AND Bob the Builder?!? NO WAY!


You HAD to try them out!

The track was SO much fun because it's made of big DIPLO Lego blocks and it is easy to put together.

Plus, because Thomas and Bob the Builder are BOTH DIPLO, they can be played with together!

It looked like too much fun, so you let me play with it, too!

Daddy shows you the Mr. Krabbs from the Spongebob show - a gift from Santa:


AND a Backyardigans Movie which you LOVE:

AND a Thomas the Tank Engine movie with a train car!

Then Daddy showed you that you had a full stocking to check out:

Here I am helping you empty your stocking (oh, and CHECK OUT that stocking! I hand-made it for you with love!):

Here you are checking out your new dinosaurs that you can take in water with you.


I think you were a little shocked at seeing what being such a great boy can get you!

Daddy showed you the Thomas Trains: Jack and Rosie that you got from Santa:

The only time that we encountered a drawback was when the packaging for the trains didn't open quite as quickly as we would have liked:

Those Troublesome Engines!


We got them out of their packaging, though, and got back on track (pardon the pun)

You were excited by a bunch of monkeys with little bananas that you got:

You got a fun tub of animals which you were amazed by:

Here you are checking out the lion in the set:


Here you are making a roaring noise like the lion would make.

Grandma - Look at the Giraffe I have now! Just like YOU!

You got some barnyard animals, too, but here you are cracking me up by pretending to eat the plastic bananas as though you were a little monkey, too (while holding your real banana in your other hand).

A chunky animal puzzle...

and some plastic food for your kitchen...

I opened your first present to Daddy and myself:

It was an adorable picture magnet

Best Present EVER!

and last but not least - your biggest present from Santa which Santa spent over an hour assembling (he sent a note letting us know...):

A toddler Trampoline!

BOING!


Well, Santa must have been impressed with how good you were this year, Sweetie! I know I was!

Merry Christmas, Jack!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: