These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Another Day.... Another 10 Loads of Laundry....

Jack,

I think the theme of my entry today is that sometimes it's not always easy to stay positive.

Poor Daddy spent the night curled up on the couch because he was so sick and didn't want to get us sick.

On a positive note - he looked much better this morning if not pale and looking a little exhausted.

This morning, I was getting you ready for the day and myself too, when April had more episodes of diarrhea with blood (!!!!!) in it. I was cleaning these up when you had a monster diarrhea episode. I was getting ready to change you when you had another diarrhea ON ME.

So, the day started by getting pooped on. And - want to know something else?.... Not the worst part of the day.

We got you cleaned up, packed like FIVE outfits for Grandma and a new package of wipes JUST IN CASE you explode again and sent you off to visit your Grandma Rose.

The issue is my boss. He is not understanding AT ALL. I don't know if he doesn't trust me or thinks that I'm making this stuff up, but I show up a little late or have to leave a little early due to this virus that is challenging us in every way and he is all over it. I have told him, "I don't know what to say.... My family has the stomach virus and I'm doing my best" and I leave it at that because - in a nutshell, that's all there is to say.

I'm just frustrated because I was recently denied a promotion again through work. They said that they just didn't think I could handle it. When I expressed my frustration, they said that I should take advantage of opportunities to prove myself and Gregg (my boss) is using this as an opportunity to show me how I COULDN'T handle a tougher position.

You know what? Screw it. I don't really WANT a tougher position - I want the MONEY associated with a tougher position. But, we can work without that. Also - NOT HANDLE IT? You should totally see me handle getting pooped and barfed on. I'm so COOL, if I do say so myself! I think I could handle the relatively clean in comparison bullshit that a tougher position would encounter, but if they don't see that - THEIR F***ING LOSS!

At this point, I just want a hug from you and the supportive words of my husband telling me that he thinks I'm a good Mommy. Then I feel refreshed again.

And when I want to remind myself of how incredibly lucky I am, all I need to do is think about this:



I am so DAMN LUCKY! :)

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now