These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Saying "No"

Jack,

You are growing up and are proving to be an excellent study in body language and the art of persuasion.

Saying "No" has never been so hard. You have actually mastered the art of the persuasive argument to the point that it's nearly impossible to say "no" to you anymore. I mean - just look at that face! (note the single tear trickling down from your right eye...)
Here you are pleading your case for more "Cheeseballs" while telltale signs of the last of the cheeseballs still cling to your mouth and chin....
I mean - really!
How can you say no to this face?
I mean, I will, but I'm sure I'll have to do it with my eyes closed or by looking at something behind your head because that face will melt my resolve in nothing flat!
Love,

Mommy

P.S. On the workfront - Daddy has a promising interview in Texas on April 5th which we hope will lead to a Saint Louis job. The end is in sight!

No comments: