These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

On the Edge of My Seat

Jack,

It's about 10 AM and Daddy is in Texas by now at some point in the interview process.

I can't stop thinking about where he is and what he's doing right now. I wish he could call me and put the phone in his pocket and I could just listen in on my headphones while I work. I think I'd be less nervous that way than I am right now.

Well, nervous isn't so much the word I'm looking for..... Excited? Anxious?

See - I feel confident that we are going to be able to stay here in Saint Louis, I just don't know under what parameters... Better off? Worse off? Will they indicate that they plan to pressure him to move again in the future?

Ah, well. I can't stop my brain, but I can stop my fingers and I'd better put them back to work. I'm sure your Daddy will call as soon as he can. :)

Love,

Mommy

UPDATE!:

It's 2:53 and I heard from Daddy that he's at the airport waiting to get on a plane to come home. The interview went well and he's hoping we'll know something by the middle of next week.

Oh! And - just to "ad" to the excitement (get it? Ad? I'm so clever....)
here is the latest Ad of you for Dillard's that was in the paper this weekend for an Easter sale! You are such a cutie!:

Here it is - closer up!:

No comments: