These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Beginning of the End

Jack,

The title of this post is NOT in reference to my 33rd birthday tomorrow although a lot of this post DOES refer to that.

Tonight was one of the best culinary evenings of my life.

Your Daddy made me my absolute drop dead favorite meal - spinach artichoke calzone that he makes unparalleled to anyone! The darn thing is so fantastic, you almost need to get me a room to eat it by myself because the noises I make when I eat it are just a little too disgusting to be witnessed.
THEN, he brought in a dessert he had made me. Chocolate cupcakes with PEANUT BUTTER frosting. I'm even salivating while I write this. Dear god, they were good!
So, here I am - on a satisfied high feeling like things couldn't possibly get any better when....

they do!

Tonight you went potty on the training potty for the first time! I am so proud that I can't shut up about it. I was jumping up and down to the point that even YOU gave me a goofy smile like I was embarrassing you with my euphoria.

And now I'm going to do something that you will probably shake your head in disbelief about.
Here it is!!!
Yes - that is the evidence of your first potty experience and - before you judge me - keep in mind that I am a woman that has changed approximately 100 million-bazillion diapers and the experience of changing them has become SO challenging lately that I practically have to straddle you to hold you down so you don't get potty all over the house when I try to change you. So you will have to excuse me just a little bit for going all nutty and posting these pictures because the idea that this is the Beginning of the End of diapers has me more excited than I've been since I found out I was pregnant with you!

I'm so proud of you, Baby! Between you and your Daddy - I've already had the best birthday I could ask for!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: