These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

MO' CRACK, MOMMY!

Jack,
We started off this morning with a bit of a struggle. You see, the Easter Bunny put a cheeseball inside of every one of your plastic easter eggs and you had a great time popping them open and eating the Cheeseball inside. We had a tough time this morning because you discovered that all of your Easter egg cheeseballs were gone. GONE! Oh, dear sweet jesus, PLEASE - don't let it be so! Nooooooooooo moooooooooo' Cheeeeeeeeezbaaaawwwwllllll!
There is one thing you like for breakfast (ASIDE from Cheeseballs!) and that is Quaker breakfast bites. You call them BREP and you want them in the mornings and sometimes for dinner and occassionally for snack, too. They are GOOOOOD! "Mo' BREP, Mommeee! MOOOO' BREP!" Brep = Breakfast.
You are also hooked on Crackers which you very clearly call "CRACK". God forbid if we run out of crackers in a public place, you start howling and screaming and I swear the volume in my head sounds as loud as the atom bomb going off - "Mo' Crack, Mommy! MO' CRACK! MOOOOOOOOOOO' CRACK!!! AHHHHHHHHH! MOOOOOOO' CRACK!!!! CRACK! MO CRACK! MO CRACK! NO MO CRACK!!!! NOOOOOOO MOOOOOOO CRACK!!!" and just in case the words themselves weren't dramatic enough, you throw yourself backwards into my arms and then slump forward to the floor with your hands over your eyes sobbing like you are in terrible gut-wrenching drug withdrawal.
I find myself looking guiltily at the public around us feeling that I need to explain that I really don't have a crack baby that I indulge with more crack when he gets to jones-ing for it. You see, Crack means "Crackers" - you see? So it's okay - no one has to call Social Services. Put the phone down!
Oh, who am I kidding. It cracks (Crack? Mo' Crack? NOOOO MOOOO' CRACK!) me up!
Love,

Mommy

Oh AND - GUESS WHAT?!? Daddy got the job and we get to STAY IN SAINT LOUIS!
YEAAAAH! It turns out that Daddy has been working so hard that they didn't want to lose him, so they STILL gave him his promotion and gave him the only exception granted to any of the employees to work his new higher-up-job from Saint Louis! Not only do we get to stay here, but his new job will set him up for prime advancement opportunities! I definitely didn't expect the final decision to be so fantastic when it did come through.... We are very very lucky!

No comments: