These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

First Haircut

Jack,

Today you got your first haircut.

Your hair has been a beautiful mess of blonde curls and I've put off cutting it for some time now because I love the sweet little baby curls, but you are 2 now and it's time for your first haircut.
We took you to a nice kids salon that is oriented towards the young child. They had a movie screen at kids height, a train table and lego table and you were thrilled with it when we got there.
That is - until your turn came.
The salon chair had a buckle on it to strap in a squirming child and you hated this. You hate being confined. You barely tolerate it in the car and sometimes can't even tolerate it in your highchair, so you were very unhappy to be strapped into this chair with someone messing with your head.
I'm sure it didn't help that I was standing nearby laughing while this was happening. Real sensitive of me....By the way, I love you!Here you are showing The King how badly this stranger is attacking you:I got to hand it to the lady that cut your hair. She never flinched.and finished the cut in less than 5 minutes. But you were traumatized nonetheless.The result is that you have a little boy haircut to match your little boy age.I didn't think it would be possible for you to get any cuter!

and now I can't get over the new cut and I'm following you around taking picture after picture at every angle.At times it doesn't look so different from before...and then I see it at another angle and it does.All in all, I think you DO look older with this cut and I am both proud and want to grab you up and snuggle you.Whereas you?You're just glad you survived the experience!

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack, I love your big boy haircut. You look so handsome. Vivy and Lily go to a place like that except Vivy sits in a fire truck and Lily sits in a pink jeep while getting their haircut.