These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Night out

Jack,

Last night your Daddy and I went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse complete with large dinners and drinks, and followed that up with a grown up movie: "The Last King of Scotland".

It was great!

Where were you, you wonder?

With your Aunt Kelly and Uncle Bobby - having the time of your life!
Kelly and Bobby had eagerly volunteered to watch you for the evening and were prepared with all your Cars toys setup for you, so you were right at home with everything you could have wanted right at your fingertips! Not a bad deal, huh?
Kelly had picked you up from school and gave you a couple of new car toys to help you with the surprise transition and then you went home with her and played Cars and had a snack and hung out!

Meanwhile, your Daddy and I were at Texas Roadhouse, having drinks and watching the waiting staff do the most humiliating line dance ever. It was quite entertaining!
You had a blast and we are so glad that you got a chance to have a fun night out just like us! After playing inside, Kelly and Bobby took you outside for a run around the backyard. Apparently you had a blast again - running down the hill, falling and racing back up again.
And all this without pants!
Does life GET any better?
Don't let go of that milk, Buddy!
And - as part of their move to make you one with nature, Kelly and Bobby let you go without a diaper and do your thing - au natural....
Okay - not really. That's not a poop, just a well placed leaf on your diaper, but I bet I made you wonder, right? Thanks to your Aunt Kelly for these fantastic photos!
After a wild run outside, you went back inside to play chase with Uncle Bobby around the house and more quiet time with your Cars.
I'm thinking you might have a countdown calendar posted somewhere for the next time we should go out - seeing how much you enjoyed your night with the Wassels!
I even found a suspiciously placed menu on top of your diaper bag this morning (ok-not really!)
I think days off occassionally help us more appreciate our time that we have together. It felt so good to pick you up and feel your arms around my neck when we came to get you.
Today we are relaxing and enjoying a quiet Saturday together.

Life is good! Thank god you can count on family to help you appreciate that!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: