These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hippity Hoppity

Jack,

Your Daddy and I pretty much forgot to talk-up Easter this year, so you had no forewarning that this was coming.
This morning when we woke up, I quickly tried to explain to you that once a year a bunny comes and brings eggs and he had come last night. I have no idea what you expected when we came downstairs - probably a bunny or that your Mommy was crazy beyond help - but you didn't expect this.The Easter Bunny brought you your favorite things - Cars, Cheeseballs, Megablocks and Easter eggs filled with more Cheeseballs!but - and this is the most important part - the Easter Bunny brought you more Cars!I think this means that you are officially only missing TWO Cars from your collection: Sarge and Fillmore. Your new Cars consist of racecar Nitroade, the last two souped-up cars, Snotrod and Boost, and Flo and Ramone.
Here you are showing off your new Boost Car: Here the Cars line up so you can check them all out at once...Here is Flo, driving off the table like Thelma and Louise:...and Chick Hicks following suite....
Isn't Easter great?!?Even though the Easter Bunny kept to tradition and hid eggs, this piece was lost on you even though they contained your favorite treats, Cheeseballs!and it wasn't because they were hidden in too tough of spots either...I got to hand it to you, I don't know how you managed to look past them all, but you did! :)

Eventually, we had to pick up the unnoticed egg hunt because the dogs had figured out how to pop open the plastic eggs and were eating the cheeseballs contained within. We noticed the orange muzzles and that was the end of that.

What a fun morning! That Bunny sure knows a little something about what it's doing, doesn't it?

Love,

Mommy

No comments: