These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Turtle Store

Jack,

We have a local children's museum that is all contact activity.You call it the Turtle Store because there is a tank downstairs with turtles in it amongst the tunnels and climbers.The "store" part of the name - I don't really understand. Maybe you think you could buy one if you inquired....This place - the City Museum - is as inventive and creative as it is dusty and dirty. The dusty and dirty part is certainly nothing to bother a toddler, though, so we are loving it right now.They have slides made out of roller conveyor belts that they painted multiple colors. I have a feeling that some of these conveyors used to be a part of this old building since it's a converted factory.If that is the case, then kudos to the genius who foresaw this fun activity because you are just loving it like crazy.Check you out being all adorable!

Another feature of the City Museum that you love is the train.All the kids line up for the mini train ride which goes in a circle about 100 feet in diameter and stirs up enough dust that you usually come off of it with itchy and puffy eyes, and howling to go again.
There are also sections where you want to play that are a little crazy.Teenagers like the ramps and will run up and down them paying little to no heed to little ones that are also playing there.My Momma Bear instincts kick in when this happens and I will plan myself in the path of where you are headed to slide down a ramp and make sure you are safe.You don't understand and many times will try to make me move away - off to the side - convinced you don't need me there, but some things are just too important, Sweetie.And the most important one of those things is you.You'll understand someday I'm sure. :)

Here you are signalling that you want to go one more time around.Hi, Buddy!There are tunnels around the train where the older children climb over and around the tracks and you love to watch this as you drive by.Do you see that, Mom?Love,

Mommy

No comments: