These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hair of the Dog

Jack,

Last night your Daddy and I went out on a date night. You spent the evening with Grandma and Grandpa Rose and I think you had a fantastic time because you were still up when we got there to pick you up at the end of the date.This morning you were playing with your cars oblivious to the fact that Mommy was walking around in the date dress she wore the night before that was obviously slept in and the fact that Daddy and I were ultra quiet this morning.Here's the conversation that took place over your head:

"Daddy - you want a cup of coffee"
"Sure. I'll try it."
"What do you mean? You think I made it wrong?"
"No. I mean my stomach. I'll try it."
"What do you think Daddy? Want to Irish up that coffee a bit? Hair of the dog?"
"No Thanks. I already have dog hair in mine."One could say that we had a good night. :)
Love,

Mommy

No comments: