These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Speed Racer

Jack,

You are a big fan of your cousin Hannah. You love to play with her and think that every toy that is in her house is about eleventy billion times more fun than anything we have to offer in ours.

I think that this might have convinced me that you are right.

Are you really driving? Well - yes AND no. The wheel is a little hard to turn so I put it in a turn mode so that you could press the gas pedal and turn in wide circles at not risk to anyone within shin smashing distance. Plus, I can catch you. No question.

You can't tell from this video but it was COLD out that day. So cold, in fact, that your fingers went completely white and your flushed cheeks had white spots on them when I had to pry your body from this vehicle to take you back home.

But the video makes up for it. You and I have already watched each of these clips about 5 times apiece and I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: