These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Table Manners

Jack,

On the tail end of the last post, I also had to mention your table manners.
I have never witnessed a more fidgety child when it comes to mealtime.You have completely fallen out of your chair on at least two occassions and landed on your back and bumped your head.You are all over the place.Sometimes you will be spread eagle in your chair, sometimes spread out so far across the table that it looks more like you are laying on it than leaning.Really, the number of positions you display over the course of a meal is actually kind of impressive if it wasn't so enormously hard to remind you that the purpose of being here is that plate of food that is in front of you which you hardly seem to even notice exists.Honestly, I don't understand how you can sustain the energy of a hyperactive bunny on crack with one tablespoon of ketchup in your system that you licked off the end of a fish stick because you didn't want to actually EAT it, but somehow that's exactly what happens.I'm a big drinker of energy drinks. It usually takes me about two energy drinks in order to sustain the energy level I need to keep up with you.Which basically means that they give me superpowers.Which brings me to my theory that the energy that you manage to get from your meager sustenance is so incredible that you can't sit still at dinner for 15 minutes because to do so would actually cause your head to pop off your body.
Love,

Mommy

No comments: