These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Up to Speed

Jack,

You are a smart little bugger. Here are some things that I've been meaning to blog lately about you that I haven't. And I obviously must.

This morning you pooped in your pants. The potty training has been coming along very well but you just don't want to poop on the potty. Under. Any. Circumstances.

This morning, when you pooped in your pants, I must have had a look on my face that I wasn't aware of because you looked at me and said "Mommy? You fwustwated?" (Frustrated...)"

I was amazed that you:
  1. Knew the word "frustrated"

  2. Used the word "frustrated" in the completely right context

  3. Were so adept at reading my emotions that you could tell exactly what I was feeling at that moment.

*******************************

There was a storm this morning and you and Hercy were nervous. Lately you and that little dog are happy as clams together when playing.

You love to throw balls, he likes to retrieve them. It's a love affair, I'm telling you right now.

Until you don't want him to do something and you will holler in a small but very firm voice.

"GETDOWNHERRKEEE!GET DOOOOWN PWEEEEEESE!!!"
"GO DOWNSTAIRS HERKY!! GO!! GO DOWNSTAIRS!!! GOOOOOOOO!!!"

You love to command him and Herky loves to sit right in front of you as you command him and watch you like he's watching his favorite program on TV. You two are really quite the pair.
*********************************
Daddy is travelling and you just know he is going to bring you something back from his trip. You talk about what it would be and so far we have these wonderful options:
  • pink jellybeans

  • chocolate chip cookie with chocolate chips

  • ABCD Chocolate (which is what you call Hershey's bars because they have writing on them)

  • cupcakes
You failed to mention the shots you will need for your resulting diabetes, but the sweet tooth side of you is convinced it will all be worth it.

*****************************

You know:
  • Daddy works in Texas
  • You can find Texas on a map
  • You think you work in Illinois and I work in Missouri
  • You can put together puzzles on your own
  • You can pick out a number of items at a glance. For example: I can say "Jack pick out the row with five cherries" and you'll glance at the options and pick out the right one.
  • I have introduced a schedule system to our day and you will go over to it and say "let's check the calendar!" and then you will point to the writing and say "cupcakes!" as though I would fall for that. More than once that is. :)
  • You love to talk on the phone with Daddy especially and I usually end up in tears listening to you because it's so sweet.

You are a pleasure!

And on that note, here are your latest school pictures!

In this one, you are showing that you have mastered the art of the fake smile at 3 years old. I'm so proud! :)In this one, you seem bored to death with the process of more pictures....

This one I love even though the smile is a little fake, but you seem to genuinely enjoy being around those big crayons!

Here is the one of you and your class.

Who's the cutest one there? That's right!!! How'd you guess?!? :)

Love,

Mommy

No comments: