These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fish Park

Jack,

We went for a family outing to the Japanese gardens at the Botanical Gardens. We went with the full intent of visiting the koi in the Japanese gardens ponds.They are really spectacular.Colorful and not the least bit shy.The only time in my life I can think when I have been able to hand feed a large fish up close and personal.You loved the way they begged for their food by opening up their mouths wide enough you could practically see their stomachs.It's a quarter a handful of pellets and we were prepared with a laundromat quantity so the fish were well fed by the time we left!Turns out I forgot that the gardens had a lot more to offer than just the big and tame fish.There is a really fun kids playground area with slides and things to climb on.We even got so lucky as to run into one of your daycare friends from your roomand the two of you played with boats in the water until closing time.but much more than your enjoyment of the slides and playground equipment,I was surprised by how much you seemed to enjoy the sculpture exhibits they had around the park.The exhibits were very kid accessible.Many you could climb into and there were very few that you couldn't touch in some way.It was funny to see you observing the different sculptures like you were a little sophisticate.
One interesting experience where you thought you could go in the pond to check out the floating ornaments.

We even got to see the pomp and ceremony of a wedding about to take place.Always so much to seeand never enough time in a day.Love,

Mommy

No comments: