These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Inside Outside Night

Jack,

The weather lately has been very mild - just the perfect weather to make the most of.
You had the beginnings of the idea by asking if we could have a picnic. At first, I couldn't get my mind around the setup. We have dogs so setting up a picnic outside WITHOUT THEM would be nearly impossible and putting food on the ground just won't work.Enter here card tables and plastic chairs and we have a picnic free of canine interference!With the idea of the picnic working out so well, I decided to try my luck and set us up for an entire Inside/Outside night by propping open our back door from our kitchen. Dogs and people could wander in and out as necessary and as they pleased.This really presented a whole new theme to the rest of the evening which seemed to be one of exploration. You checked out the yard and, then, I consented to opening up the garage. We have a number of toys and other items that you used to use (crib, highchare, etc) in the garage and you had fun rummaging through them and rediscovering them one at a time.
Many of them made their way back out of the garage to be played with in more depth.
The idea of this sounds like a complete mess and disaster, but it really wasn't at all. Everything easily fit right back into the garage when everything was done and this little exercise freed me up for some weed pulling which I was long overdue to accomplish.
What a great night! Thanks for the idea, cutie!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: