These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Creating your own fun

Jack,

Soooooo.... I'm feeling kind of proud of this latest idea. I have accumulated a lot of time off at work by not using my vacation time and now I'm being pressured to take it. So, we decided (actually, the real credit goes to Daddy for the idea, me to agreeing to it) to meet Daddy on one of his work trips so we could see him when he was off work. It was pretty sweet! We got to swim in the hotel pool while Daddy was working and explore the hotel - free breakfast that I didn't have to cook or anything.

Oh.... and they had a Chuck E Cheese across the street from the hotel.

What? Didn't I mention that? That eensy weensy very important tiny detail?And now you want to go to work with Daddy. And why not? You now see what we do every day and the pure torture that it is. You must think we are such wusses.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: