These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

My Little Monster

Jack,

It came.
And you couldn't possibly look MORE ADORABLE!At first you were a little unsure of it.THEN, you were a little curious about it.
Then you decided that you liked it!
and that's good because I never want to take you out of it again.
I moved the hallway mirror to the floor so you could check out your own reflection whenever you wanted to.Also, April sniffed your new strange claw feet and determined you to be non-threatening, so.....
Guess what movie you insisted on watching while wearing your new favorite outfit?!?Here you are catching a glimpse of yourself in the mirror from across the room. Who IS that guy?!?

and, no, I didn't get the monster costume because we've been having some power struggles lately - I got it for no particular reason other than I know you are crazy about this movie and I wanted to see your face light up when you looked in the mirror and saw that you were a monster from your favorite movie."Mission Completion!"Is it Halloween yet? I want to show you off!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: