These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Gratuitous Cuteness

Jack,

Last night I figured out how to use the video feature on the camera and I have a bunch of clips that I recorded last night.

I have to say - it reshaped the entire night for us because I would record little clips and we would watch them back together and laugh. It felt so good. Like we were hanging and could have had a bowl of popcorn between us, arms slung around each other in good humor and mutual love. It was really, really nice.

And, watching these videos, it makes me realize that maybe I need to lighten up a bit and enjoy you a little more. You really are a sweetie.

So - here it is. Gratuitous Sweetness.

AND I MAKE NO APOLOGIES!

Here you are reading: STOP THAT PICKLE! to me (It's your favorite book):



In this clip, I try to get you to go to sleep by pretending to be asleep. This is just evidence of why this doesn't work. I can never keep pretending because of how good you are at making me smile:





We had been watching the clips from the movies we were taking and you were laughing big, so I decided to catch it on film and was lucky enough to capture your comments of: MOW TIME! with your finger out to indicate ONE MORE TIME, "Jack Rocker You" and "YOU BETTOW NOT!":





and, finally, you read me your PEEK-A-WHO? board book which you know all the words to:



Love,

Mommy

No comments: