These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Garage Sale Genius!

Jack,

Yes, I am a garage sale genius. I have been looking for a little chair for you that would be comfortable that you could lounge around on without fear of you toppling off and hurting yourself.

Guess what I found today?
A little couch that folds out into a toddler bed for $4.
$4
Just as a point of comparison - a plastic chair right now goes for between $15 and $20.
I am a lucky shopper, but I'm also a genius for stopping off on a whim and checking to see if they had just the thing I was looking for!
The thing is - you love it but we only had it for 5 minutes when you tried to lean back on it, it became unbalanced and tipped over and you bumped your head on the ground.
It's leaning against the bigger couch now just in case and works just perfect! And you are happy as a clam!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: