These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Jack,

Today is Father's Day and we started out early by waking Daddy up in our excitement to take him out to breakfast.
We took him to a family buffet where you tried everything that looked good to you. You had eggs, pineapple, peaches, a cake doughnut, cake doughnut holes, a muffin, and a banana. You "sampled" little pinches of mostly the cake doughnut and doughnut holes and the little bit of sugar whet your appetite for more. You were feeling pretty confident that you could have anything and asked for an ice cream cone. For breakfast. And I ended up surprising BOTH of us, by taking you to get one. With sprinkles.

You were so enraptured with the ice cream cone with sprinkles on it that you walked very slowly back to the table balancing your treat and became very upset each time a little sprinkle fell to the floor. "OOOOH- NOOOO!" you'd say and act like you were going to bend over to retrieve it. I had to convince you to leave the spilled sprinkles where they lay, but you were doubtful.

Here's a video I made of you after the morning ice cream cone:

Then we got to see our Grandpa Rose!and then our Poppa Dough!Happy Grandfather's Day to both of them!Happy Father's Day, Daddy! We love you SO MUCH!Love,

Mommy

No comments: