These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Failed Attempts

Jack,

Last night I thought I had stumbled on the PERFECT idea for what we could do in the evening. I managed to blow up your baby pool with a hand pump and my own lungs and it only took AN HOUR!!! Then I filled the pool, put a plastic slide down into it and got out your swim toys. I was SURE that this would be the activity to last the rest of the evening with how wonderful it was!
You loved playing with the hose, whipping it around every which way, but you ended up wanting to water the downstairs area, which isn't a good game because the water simply runs under the door and into our basement causing a minor flood.When I put the hose away you put up quite a protest.Finally, you tried going down the slide one time with my help and declared "JACK ALL DONE!" and then wouldn't go back in.You played a little bit with the watering can on the slideand then picked up some rocks and then declared: "JACK GO INSIDE!"
Oh, well.

They can't all be hole-in-ones, can they?

Love,

Mommy

Another failed attempt late today similar to yesterday, except this time, you barely ran through the sprinkler. See here:



Other pictures from this adventure:

No comments: