These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's

Jack,

I think you had a wonderful time at school yesterday with Valentine's.

I know I felt very lucky to have you and Daddy in my life! Daddy was very thoughtful and got me a box of chocolate and a card from him and a box of chocolate and a card from you. I was touched and - to show my appreciation - I have already eaten half of both boxes of chocolate! :)

You got some Valentine's yesterday from your little friends that I want to put here so you can see them through the years as these are items that get lost over the years because, let's face it - you can't keep everything.

That's the beauty of the blog, though. Virtually - YOU CAN! So, here are your first Valentine's you received from your friends (since last year you were too young to have little buddies to give you Valentine's):

Your Valentine from your best friend, Ty:

A Valentine from your favorite little girl-friend, Abby:



A Valentine from another sweet girl in the class that you speak of often, Deanna (you call her "DD"):

A Valentine from your friend, Ryan, and his mom who is a teacher in your room - Ms. Melissa:



A Valentine from your morning teacher, Ms. Kathy:


Here are some pictures from your school party. Here you are eating a Valentine's Day snack. That's your friend, Ryan, behind you to the left whose Mommy is Ms. Melissa, one of the teachers in the room. Then, to the right behind you is Deanna, or DD as you call her.

In this next picture, at one head of your table is Ally, on the right across from you is Tori and next to her is Audrey who is wearing a back and neck brace and at the opposite head of the table is your best friend, Ty.

Mmmmmmmmmm

Another party picture of you, Ally, Tori, Audrey and Ty:

Also, you sent the following adorable bookmark to Daddy at his work:


(I LOVE THE LITTLE THUMBPRINT HEARTS!!!)

and sent this to me at home:
(front)
(back)



And here is some of your latest artwork:


Your Circle Sticker art picture:


Smiley Faces Sticker Art:

and this pretty heart collage (which hangs in our kitchen window so the light can show through the pretty middle of the heart):



I love you, Jack!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: