These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Poppa and Grandma Dough-zarks weekend!

Jack,

Boy - I can't believe how hectic things have been lately. I just can't seem to keep up with my everyday things - both at work and at home. It's crazy!




Here I am JUST getting to blogging about last weekend. But - it's better late than never because last weekend was one of those times you HAVE to record. It was so much fun!



Poppa and Grandma let us come down to the Lake with them on their weekend. It was a lot of fun.


Not pictured here: Grandma shoveling ice off of the balcony with a metal spatula (no - I'm not making that up) and the time that she almost climbed out on the balcony that same evening to remove a wind chime that she had just discovered was driving her crazy. What would the neighbors think?!?


You had fun playing on the playground with Poppa and Grandma and, of course, Mommy and Daddy!


The highlight of the weekend for you may have been playing with a measuring tape that Poppa brought down. He would slowly pull the entire roll of measuring tape out and then let you carefully push it back into the holder.

It was adorable to watch you two play together.






Although Bailey was pretty freaked out by it and chose to distance herself in the farthest part of the room - JUST IN CASE.


So - last weekend was a blast and this weekend is Super Bowl weekend and we are all cheering for Bobby's team THE COLTS! GO COLTS!


Other than that - it's snowy, icy, windy and a good time to be indoors with you!

Love you, honey!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: