These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Numero Uno

Jack,

You are in a phase of recognizing roles on television and assigning roles. You know "Mommy" and "Daddy" and anytime you see a couple acting in love with each other on television you call them "Momma" and "Dadda". This is so flattering because it tells me that you recognize that Daddy and I love each other and think of us when you see this on television or in stories.

This also works when watching your favorite movies like Cars which you call "Taow". The hero Lightning McQueen is Dadda because he is the hero of the movie.

Your Daddy made the sweet remark that it's nice that he always gets to be the hero in everything because he's your Daddy. This warmed my heart because it's true. You have us up on a pedestal and think we are wonderful.

I always get to be the nice and pretty ladies. Thanks, Buddy! :)

Just so you know, your father and I couldn't be more crazy about you, so the ball rolls both ways!

Thanks for the love, honey, and for showing us how much you think of us in your own toddler way!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: