These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Castles

Jack,

Another snowy day. We started the day off with a trip to the photo studio at Macy's downtown. Today it happens that was the last thing you wanted to do. We didn't get one successful picture before we called it a day.

Then, I had locked my keys in the car and there was a lot of ice and snow, so Daddy had to drive downtown to bring me his keys and take you to Grandma's. When he got there, I left my cell phone in the diaper bag that I sent with Daddy so I couldn't check in on you guys. Daddy was smart and ended up taking you home because of how dangerous the roads were.

I went into work, but they sent us home at 1:30. Since then, it's been a lot of fun!

We made fun refrigerator magnets out of ads of our favorite toys and out of leftover Valentine cards.

Then we went out on our first play adventure in the snow.


Hercules was SO excited at you venturing into the snow and ran ahead of you challenging you to chase after him. You were only too happy to comply.



It was so cute.


You are still a little too small to be a part of a snow man, although I would have tried anyway if it wasn't SO COLD!



So, instead we got out the beach supplies and made snow castles!

I HAVE to say - this is a PERFECT activity in the snow for little ones!


We both really enjoyed this project!



After we had shoveled snow into buckets and created and destroyed multiple snow castles, we were both frozen and had to go inside for warmer play activities.

Since then, we have watched a record number of Curious Buddies and Baby Einstein videos which you love and I know are at least somewhat educational so I feel a little less bad about the sheer volume of movies we watched today.

I've been so exhausted lately and I can't put my finger on why. I don't know if it's just stress from work or a virus or what, but I'm pooped. :) We still manage to dance to all the songs on your videos, though. I love dancing with you because you aren't as snuggly anymore as you used to be, but you are at dancing time.

It's only 5:30, but it feels like 10PM. I hope I can outlast you, little man!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and you are having a party at your school and giving Valentine's cards to your little friends. I can't wait to hear about your day - provided you have it with the bad weather we are having.

Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie! Will you be mine?

Love,

Mommy

No comments: