These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Vacation – Day 7

9-22-06

Jack,

Today is the last day of our vacation, and I don’t want to see it end. Today we drove down to the beach and played in the surf, dug in the sand and chased seagulls. We went out for lunch and stopped off at a large Toys-R-Us that we used as our own personal toy-yard. We played with the big train-tracks and train-sets that they had on display, and dressed you in a chicken costume.

Although you hated the chicken costume and screamed when I fastened the snap under your neck, crying “Daaaa-daaaa” making him aware of the injustice that I was putting you through, even though he was standing right next to me smiling along with me at how cute you looked in the costume.

When we got back to the room, we went to the pool after a short nap and played with Buzz and Woody in the sprouts and baby pool sections and you enjoyed climbing out of the pool and running haphazardly along the side of the pool, causing both Daddy and I to cry out and chase you frantically. You thought that was hilarious, so this incident was repeated more times than I care to admit to.

After we tired of the pool (and pooped our swim pants), we moved onto the playground where you played for a long time on a pirate ship shaped playground with a twisting green slide. You found you could go down this on your own if you went down on your tummy, because your skin would stick to the slide and cause your descent to be VERY, VERY SLOOOOOW….

It was a great last day!

I’ll probably be planning the next trip on our way home tomorrow. It’s been the BEST vacation getting to spend all this alone time with you and Daddy! I love you guys SO much! There isn’t a thing I would change about this week! Thanks for the great memories, buddy!

Love,

Mommy

FYI - when you have kids of your own, watching them eat on vacation is kind of gross and fascinating.

Ever wonder what a squooshed turkey stick looks like?

Now you don't! GROSS!!!

No comments: