These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, September 22, 2006

9-16 continued…

Jack,

You took your morning nap on the way to Sea World and then we went around the park. Things that I thought would grab your attention would for a short while, but didn’t hold it for very long….

Feeding fish to Sea Lions. Ummmm-naaaah!:



A show with dogs, cats, birds, mice, pigs and ducks in it all performing tricks? Let me think about this…. Nope!:



A thousand pound whale propelling itself out of the water and making a big splash? That’s pretty cool, but it doesn’t come right back out of the water? It needs a fish treat or a breather between tricks? Yeah…. Let’s go!:



What DID grab and hold your attention at Sea World? The video arcade where the land of teenage boys on vacation with their parents and younger siblings find refuge with each other in a land of electronic sounds and flashing lights. You felt right at home. You climbed on a driving game and planted yourself there, pressing the buttons and spinning the steering wheel like you belonged there and knew JUST what you were doing.



After playing here for awhile, we tried our luck at some games. You weren’t really good about recognizing boundaries and wandered behind the games where the vendors and game employees were. I know it’s my duty as a mom to step in at this point, but not before I took a few pictures of the flustered workers trying to convince my very independent son that he shouldn’t be back there with all the fabulous colorful overstuffed prizes. It was cute and funny.

We did end up over in the child’s area where you played in the water and carefully lined up bark on the edges of the water area. This may look like it just happened but it didn’t. Each of these pieces of bark were artfully and carefully arranged in this formation. Please admire:

What a great first day!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: