These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Vacation – Day 4

9-19-06

Jack,

Yesterday was our 9th Anniversary. We all went to Downtown Disney to walk along the Boardwalk and visit some different toy stores to play with the toys.

When we first arrived, it was a ghost town. It was early and there was no one around so we ran about, window shopped and entertained ourselves.

How much is that cutie-pie in the window? I want one of THOSE!!!

There were many different stores that carried different Toy Story toys, so we visited those and played. You can't tell, but this Buzz Lightyear really kind of freaked you out. The only way you would take your picture with him is if he was on the far side of me so that if Buzz turned bad, he'd get me first!:Next we went to the Lego Land store and built with Legos.

You are really good at playing by yourself so you really enjoyed the Lego house they had.

They also had these displays of Lego dogs being walked by Lego people. You found them fascinating, so we had to check them out up close!

After going to Downtown Disney, we went to the outlet mall and visited Toys R Us. Jack played with these toys also. There was one little bike in particular that was a pink princess push car that Jack enjoyed pushing up and down the aisles. It had three buttons on it. One had a magic wand, one had a heart and one had a crown.

To give you an idea how bad this little princess push car was, if I had a daughter, there is NO WAY that I would ever buy this toy for her because it was actually insulting in it’s makeup. The button with the magic wand played a song where a woman sang in an overly sweet voice:

“I always knew how great it would be
For one day my prince would find me
And then from that day and ever more
We would live happily ever after”

It was awful! I have to admit that the devilish side of me thought it was hilarious to see you riding up and down the aisle playing this song over and over again because it couldn’t have been more obvious how annoying it was to everyone else in the store. You wouldn’t even let it go through the entire song before pressing the button again and again so it sounded like:

“I…
I…
I…
I…
I alwa…
I al…
I al…
I always knew how grea..
I al…
I always…
I always knew…
I always knew how great it would be
For one day my prince would….
I…
I…
I…
I…”

We hung there for awhile and left in time for a celebration lunch at Chevy’s for our anniversary meal. You got to enjoy an ice cream cone as part of our celebration. You didn’t want to lick it, so you would dip your fingers into the cone to pinch off a bit of the ice cream and would put that in your mouth with a little trickle of delicious vanilla trailing down your arm and dripping off of your elbow.

Needless to say, after lunch, you were on cloud nine – full of delicious sugary energy and happy as anything. We ran around the grounds of the hotel after that and for the rest of the evening, feeding the ducks and playing on the playground and checking out the interiors of two of the main buildings.

We watched movies together in the evening and fell asleep early. It was a wonderful anniversary. I think we all had such a fun time together and it really showed me how lucky I am to be exactly where I want to be in life. I love you and your Dad more than anything else in this world!

Happy Anniversary to all of us!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: