These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sick Day

Jack,

We had a sick day today, the two of us. It was actually very nice! I didn't even have to use up a sick day on my work schedule because I was able to sign onto my emails from home and stayed on top of all of my work responsibilities even while taking care of you!

Did I ever mention how fantastic I am? :)

We watched quite a bit of TV which I realize is pretty NOT fantistic mothering, but you were also sick so there aren't a lot of activities we can indulge in outside of the house that wouldn't have been too much, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

By afternoon, I was in such good shape with my workload and since I hadn't taken my lunch break (smile!) we left the house. I took you to the Pet Store to see the guinae pigs (I wonder if anyone else treats pet stores like their own personal petting zoos like I do. It's a fantastic idea, actually!).

We had a great time in the small animal and reptile rooms and running up and down the aisles of fish tanks and calling out their colors and telling each other to "look at that one!"

We ended up in the bird room where they had a very loud parrot which wasn't for sale and I can only imagine it's because the decible level that it was hitting. I thought it would shatter my eardrums and wanted to run from the room, but you were delighted and declared it a "Bald Eagle!" and laughed every time it let loose with one of it's ear shattering cries.

God forbid, you would have loved to take it home and crack up while it screamed endlessly, undoubtably sharing your cheeseballs with your best friend "Bald Eagle", but we didn't..... Because I'm such a major Party Pooper.

FYI - I took these pictures here because you were absolutely filthy in them and at the end of your patience - melt down style.I figured these are pictures to make my Mom proud!Thanks for the best Sick Day I've taken in a long time!Love,

Mommy

No comments: