These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Losing My Sh*t

Jack,

This morning, I reached a new low that I am not proud of either.

With a big morning in front of me at work, I was taking care to get ready for the day and look like I actually put a little bit of effort into my appearance. The reason - I had anticipated that I might get recognized at our monthly company Town Hall for a Customer First award. I received a lot of Customer First nominations recently and thought that might qualify me for this honor. (FYI - it didn't....) :)

Your milk was on the floor in front of you - about a foot away from where you were stretched out on the carpet, whining "I want my miiiiiilk!"

I said to you - "Fine - it's right there. Get it."

"I want my MIIIIIIIILK!"

"Sooooo - get it!"

"I WANT MY MIIIIIIIIILK!"

"SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR MILK AND GET IT!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I lost my sh*t. I have no excuse. I'm sorry.

This seems to be happening more and more lately. I think I need to go online and search for new ideas on how to work with a stubborn 2 year old. My Parents As Teachers contact left me a message. I think I'll call her and have her come visit. Give me some ideas.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: