These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Peek-a-Boo Boy

3-8-06

Jack,

You have been feeling SO much better. You have always been a happy baby, but the past 4 days, you have been laughing out loud with happiness.

You have gained SO much confidence in your walking ability and you know what a big deal it is. You'll reach your hands up and out as you walk towards me or something you want and you will laugh out loud at your progress - so excited that your becoming more and more capable!

Also, lately you have taken to playing Peek-a-Boo by covering your eyes with your hands if there is nothing nearby to hide behind and you can see the big grin on your face when you do so. Sometimes, when you want to see the face of the person you're playing with, you'll put your hands on your face, but not covering your eyes - more by your ears so that you can still play the game, but watch the expression on the face of the person you are playing with. SO CUTE! (You also like to play the game behind the shower curtain when you find your way into the bathroom).

We are having some work done on the house - putting up siding right now. We had new windows installed last week. It's looking very nice!

I read something today that I thought was very true. It was:
"Any woman who has a career and a family develops two personalities like two sides of a dollar bill, each different in design. Her problem is to keep one from draining the life from the other."

As work becomes a little more challenging for me, I want to be sure that it never drains my energy enough so that I can't play with you when I get home.

I love you, Baby! So glad you're feeling better! :)

Love,

Mommy

No comments: