These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Letter To Jack From Grandma and Grandpa ROSE! :)

3-15-06


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JACK! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Dear Jack (Mr. Spratt),

Today is your first birthday. Its hard to believe that you have been a part of our family for one year already. Time flies when you are having fun. Grandpa and I have had so much fun with you and for Grandpa, it has been the opportunity to see through you the growth of his own sons on a day by day basis. Because you are the first opportunity for him to witness this phenomenon (because he was always working to provide for his own sons), he truly believes you are a genius. And, hey, maybe he is right.

We had expected that our grandchildren from your parents would be of the four legged variety. Imagine our surprise when they announced that a two legged variety was on the way. Unbelievable.

When I leave here today, I am going over to see if your birthday has been posted on Union Road. Grandpa requested it, he wants everybody to know that Jack Rose is one year old today.

Have a fun day today, even at the doctor’s office. We will see you on Friday and again on Sunday to celebrate this happy occasion.

Love,

Grandpa and Grandma rose

No comments: