These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Who You Gonna Call?

Jack,

It's true - I'm a fan of the 80's. LOVE THEM!But the latest preferences that you have been showing for some aged classics are not all my doing.Your Daddy and I will accept responsibility for your love of Woody Woodpecker who has long since been off the air, and the love you have of E.T. who is so old that when I watched the movie last, I was struck by the "technical" gadgets that they showed that were supposed to be progressive when they were working on E.T. They look like the Doctor's are watching a game of Tetris rather than monitoring E.T.'s vital signs, but you love them.But, this latest craze comes directly from your daycare tied in with Halloween. One of the teachers apparently brought in an old book of the Ghostbusters Movie along with the song.You have been telling me the Ghostbusters story ever since then complete with such detail that a part of me almost suspects they showed you the movie. You talk about Slimer and the Marshmallow man and the vaccuum cleaners that sucked up the ghosts and you will run around with imaginary guns and shoot the ghosts in the air.


But my favorite part is when I turn on the theme song and get to watch this.


Who you gonna call?!?

Love,

Mommy

No comments: