These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, October 24, 2008

A Little More Real

Jack,


Today the new reality of our growing family became a little more real.We were waiting to tell you more about it until we confirmed the heartbeat. Is there a longer wait than that? Right now, it doesn't seem likely.The though process in this decision was basically that if we waited to tell everyone else until we confirmed it, there would be no risk of you finding out by a well-intentioned person that congratulated us when you were right there in earshot. I didn't want you to find out before we knew it was safe because I didn't want to have to put you through any potential heartache if the pregnancy wasn't viable, but it's no longer a question. You are definitely going to be a big brother.I'm sure these look the same, but they aren't. The baby was moving and the nurse was nice enough to try to capture that in these images. So, we told you about it and your initial reaction was to laugh. I don't know if you thought we were joking or not, but that's what I suspect. We sometimes get a little goofy at dinner and that's when we told you, so I should have expected that you would have your doubts. Also, I don't look any different to you right now than I looked last month or two months ago, so I imagine you are a little dubious that a baby is really in there growing and moving away. Your Aunt Kelly is pregnant right now, but in a way that is visible to you and we can even feel her baby kick. This is just too early to seem too real to you right now.

We have been calling the baby "VLB" which stands for Very Little Biddle. We have called you Little Biddle for years, so it seemed natural for the baby to become VLB. Anyway, the reality of this new little one still hasn't hit me. It seems a little surreal and I wanted to laugh along with you when I told you because I could understand the disbelief.

Wow. Another baby. Unreal.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: