These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Jack,

You had a fantastic Halloween this year. We did so much leading up to it that the peak of the holiday - the actual trick or treating that we went on, was just another part of the Halloween experience.

You DID walk away with quite a haul.

I taught you how to sort them into piles of the same types of candy so you could be awed by how much you had received.These were the pumpkins that we carved this year. You picked them out at the pumpkin patch and we carved them based on some drawings you had made. One was of a happy pumpkin and the other pumpkin you named "Thunderstorm Eyes". I like that one very much!I have a tradition of taking a picture of you in front of your pumpkins.This year you conceded but only for a couple of seconds and under enormous amounts of protest.

Happy Halloween, Little Biddle!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: