These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pumpkin Patch 2007

Jack,

Today we visited the Pumpkin Patch at Eckert's to pick out our pumpkins! The big vegetables didn't hold as much interest for you as the fair-like atmosphere around the patch with rides and games and tractor rides!!!Still, it's nice to see that after three Halloweens, you are still young enough to look tiny amongst the big pumpkins.I have to admit that I'll be sad when you easily dwarf them.At the same time, what a stark contrast to years gone by. You are so big now! How do you like my obvious contradiction?!? I don't care. They make sense to me!It was fun and exciting!How cute to see the little babies dressed as pumpkins and the older children that you fit in with more and more running around in pre-sugar excitement at the stimulation all around them.First we headed for the pumpkin patch where you picked out our pumpkins.You picked out two pumpkins that you were able to carry and those are the ones that we got!You spotted a big grasshopper amongst the pumpkins and dubbed it a big monster grasshopper which things that are ugly are now termed: monsters.You weren't intimidated, though. You dug right in to get the pumpkins you wanted.Once you had them picked out you set to running around the patch all eager for a game of chase!Here they are!The pumpkins you picked in 2007!Once the pumpkins were picked, you got the look... Yeah - that's the one!And the race was on!The tractor ride was more than a little cramped!It's a good thing we like each other, huh?From there, we had to try out the entertainment!We tried out the train ride first but that was really nothing more than a glorified tractor ride, but this was one you had to pay for.But they DID have a bounce house and you LOVE those.You take your little body and you throw it around the inside of a bounce house like you are trying out all the crazy moves that you want to outside of it.That energy sucks me in and before I know it, I'm running around the outside of the jump house (Daddy, too, by the way) shouting "I'm going to GET you! ROOOOOWWWWWWR!" while you scream and run to the opposite end.Here you are hanging with another toddler in the mouth of a barn apple.It's amazing to me how quickly kids can get along or clash.But more often than not, you seem to get along well with other kids more often than not.I'm really glad to see that.By far, your favorite thing about the pumpkin patch experience was the airplane ride.Here you are on the Lightening McQueen airplane.The only problem with the airplane ride is that it couldn't go on forever.Lucky for you, Mommy and Daddy have a money tree that means endless ride tickets and therefore you could ride again and again and again.WHAT?? You don't have one? Oh, you simply MUST get one! :)Check out this serious maneuvering!
It really was a lot of fun to see you enjoying the planes so much!In case these pictures don't capture it enough, I've included a clip for viewing here at the end!

It was a great day, Little Man!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: