These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Going to Paris

Jack,

At the beginning of your Cars Movie, there is a preview for Ratatoullie (sp?). We haven't seen this movie, yet, but it must have still made a significant impression on you because this evening you and I went to a new park. There was another park just on the other side of the hill which you knew was there because you had been to the other park about a week before.

You started running for the hill that the other playground was on the opposite side of.

As an aside, when you run now, you hold your arms up next to your chest with your hands in little fists and pump them furiously like an ill equipped boxer as you run just to show how fast you can go and how serious you are about your speed.

I called out to you "JACK! Where are you going?"

Without slowing you shouted back over your shoulder "To Pah-wis, Mommy!" (Pah-wis = Paris).

I'm going to get a lot of fun out of that one. When we got to the next park, I started in:
"Do you like to have fun in Paris, Jack?"
"Yesh!"
"Do you like going to Paris with Mommy?"
"Yesh!"
(after awhile, you are grunting and I know exactly what is happening and am thrilled I'll be able to ask this next question)
"Do you like to poop in Paris, Jack?"
"I NO GO POOPY PARIS!"
"Okay!"

Love,

Mommy

No comments: