These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Jack-O-Lantern

Jack,

The past couple of weeks, we have talked non stop about Halloween. To say you are in the spirit would be the understatement of the year.You think everyday is a Halloween party and want to put on your Mike Wasowski costume every time I turn around.

This morning we carved your pumpkin. You didn't pay much attention until we had it all set up with the candle inside of it and then it seemed to come alive for you.

"Hello, Pumpkin!"(see you waving at it's face?....you know....just in case your particular pumpkin is deaf...)
now that you mention it, I don't see any ears.....so this means you are a child genius! There is simply no other way to interpret this.
(peering closely into the pumpkin)
"It's HOT!""Yes, it IS hot because of the candle inside of it. Do you like the pumpkin?"
"Pumpkin happy!" "Yes, it's happy, isn't it? It's smiling! Can you stand next to it for me so I can take a picture of you with it?"
(scrambling to get next to the table)
"CHEESE!"
Happy Halloween, Jack!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: