These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Roomies

Jack and Audrey are roommates now. This was accomplished this weekend. A rearrangement of Jack's bedroom created space for the crib which we reassembled and thus we have leaped into this new setup.Jack - you are thrilled. You are frequently afraid of the dark, so this scenario where you have someone in the room with you at night is welcomed by you.Forget the fact that she can just barely move herself from one spot to another. :) I'm sure she would be a perfect partner should things come down to mortal combat.Audrey - You hardly put up a fight about this. I really expected this transition to be more drawn out and difficult than it has been.Perhaps it has to do with the fact that you worship the ground that your brother walks on. When you see him approach you or catch a glimpse of him across the room, the excitement you experience can only be likened to that of a teenage girl in the presence of a rock star she worships - you let out the most excited scream and your little hands wave in the air and your legs kick in excitement - your whole face lit up with the energy of the wave of delight you are riding at seeing your brother. I laugh every time I witness this because if ever there was a picture of adoration - this is it.It's not to say that you don't wake up still in the night wanting a little milk or horrified to find that there isn't someone right next to you breathing, but the transition has been so much smoother than I had ever hoped it might be.

Thank you for that!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: