These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For the Greater Good

Audrey,


You got tubes the other day and you are doing so well. It was tough when you first came back because you were disoriented and appeared to be in pain, but after sleeping, you felt better.

Yesterday you had some pain when you would cough or burp. The cough or burp would occur and you would flinch and look at me with great surprise like someone had sucker punched you and you simply couldn't believe it. Then you would cry and I would hug you and console you until you were okay again.

This morning, it's amazing - you seem back to yourself already if that's possible.

I wonder if this is like when a blister pops. Initially it hurts like crazy, but once it scabs over, you almost forget about it. I'm no doctor, but I wonder if this is why you are doing so well so fast?

Your doctor did confirm that you had thick cloudy fluid behind your eardrum when they drained it and that you definitely had another infection. You are on new strong antibiotics to take care of this, but you don't mind taking the medicine at this point and the end is in sight.

I love you - I know this is the best for you! You are just amazing, Little Girl!

Love,

Mommy

P.S. - your brother was able to make you smile and squeal right off when you got home. Surgery Schmurgery. Jack ROCKS! :)

No comments: