These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Dashing Through the Snow

Jack,

So - we finally got to enjoy sledding through the snow with you for the first time .... well, EVER!Today provided the perfect opportunity to enjoy your first sledding experience. Last night the snow that came down was thick and heavy and this morning posed all sorts of challenges to getting to work which I chose not to deal with. I also decided that you were staying home with me.

We spent the morning playing in the snow, making snow cones and playing around the house. We were saving the sledding for the afternoon when Daddy would be home from visiting Tony at the hospital and we could all do it together.

I was sure you would like it and YOU DID, but by the end of the activity, you much preferred to go down the hills on your butt.

I'm not sure why.
It couldn't have had anything to do with initially not having any idea how to gracefully get you up the hill, so I lugged you up like you were a case of luggage. Certainly that couldn't have been the reason... (what could I possibly have been thinking here?!? I'm guessing something along the lines of... MOMMA MEANS BUSINESS....)
Maybe it had to do with the pure velocity that it appears we were propelling forward with in this picture.Actually, you really had a wonderful time and if you had it your way, we would never have gone inside.We would have played outside till our body simply fell apart from frostbite.Or maybe just up until that point. Anyway, it was mighty fun.I learned how to pull you up the hill on the sled which was FAR more fun for you and you learned how to stay on the sled when it was inclined upward without tumbling off and rolling down the hill backwards in a bundled heap.It was such fun, in fact, that I kept going down long after you had given up on the sled itself and taken to rolling snowballs down the hill and trying to go down the hill on your well padded butt.I can't wait to do it again. Bring on the snow!Here is a video I was able to take of you and Daddy enjoying a ride together.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: