These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Couldn't Put it Better Myself

Jack,

Sometimes other people put things in words that are so perfect, there is no way to improve, so here is a poem about what makes a good father:

"IF" For Dads
If you make time
to show a child
a wonder,
large or small,
If you believe
that family
is the greatest gift
of all....
If you can set aside
your needs
to put a child's first,
If you feel so much love
at times,
you think your heart
could burst,
If you accept
that parenting
is tougher than it looks,
And know that all
life's answers
aren't the kind
you find in books,
If you keep right on caring,
both in good times
and in bad,
You're more
than just a father -
you're a very
special dad.
Happy Father's Day, Clay/Daddy! We are the luckiest people we know!
Love,
Mommy (and Jack)

No comments: