These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Playdates

Jack,

The highlight of your and my weekend has been the playdates that we have had. My friend, Laura, and her two sweet and beautiful daughters, Lilly and Viv, (Viv adorably chose to stare suspiciously at everyone around her) were in town and we had a great time playing with them at the Magic House. You liked when we got there being able to direct us all where to go, but it didn't take long before you were running here and there and so we spent what time together that we could within the confines of toddler energy.
Most of our time together was spent in the racing cars area and in the castle. The castle display is a newer exhibit and we haven't been in it that often so it held your attention the longest. It's funny - being around my friend, Laura, and her girls really highlighted for me some of the differences between having boys and girls. You bolted headlong from one thing to the next like you were in some kind of a race to play with everything first.I love this picture of you and Viv eating at this long table in the castle room. Viv sat stoicly on her seat while Lilly served her and you shoved a carrot in your ear and THEN proceeded to put it in your mouth. They are better that way, right?

It was great seeing all of them again!

After the Magic House, we went to visit Calum and you boys had a wonderful time running around together:


In addition to the running, you both crazied about in a tent that Aunt Erin and Uncle Brett got out for you two. These pictures are a little blurry, but are a great representation of what that play time looked like:It was a great weekend full of toddlers and fun!

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jack for taking us to the Magic House. It was awesome! We had so much fun.
Love, Lily an Viv