These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fourth of July 2007

Jack,

You had a wonderful Fourth of July although it was preceeded by a night of falling asleep screaming at 10 PM, waking at 2:30 and crying till 4 and them waking at 5:45. Plus, I put you down for a nap at 11:30 and you screamed until 1 when you fell asleep.

I was ready for a stiff drink, but settled for having five servings of dessert and two dinners instead. I feel so bloated right now.

No - but, you were in heaven when we reached your cousins house for the holiday celebration. Here you are running the course you set between the inside and outside of the house that you were thrilled with for the majority of the time we were there.

Happy Fourth of July, Jack!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: