These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Jack meets Charlie

Jack,

This weekend you met Charlie in person for the first time. This first meeting took place at Bethesda in Great Grandma Jane's room. I didn't even get a picture of Great Grandma with all the excitement of the new cousin:

Later, we went to Grandma Mary and Poppa Dough's for a more up close and personal introduction. I captured this brief video of you and Cal playing at the train table. Luckily, no punches were thrown as the train table can be a sight of some disagreement now that you are both getting to the "mine" phase.
While at Grandma's and Poppa's, there were enough distractions that it took a little while to get you to notice Baby Charlie. As it turns out, all I was able to capture were the early attempts which failed to grab your attention:

But you'll have to trust me that you DID notice eventually. You even helped put the Binky in his mouth, which made an impression on you and you are STILL talking about. Plus, when you heard Calum cry, you thought it was Baby Charlie and came running. When Charlie fell asleep, you squatted by his car seat and said "Chaah-wee wayke UH-P!" Boy, I wonder how long it is before the age difference between you guys seems negligable because right now, it looks so huge! I'm sure you will all be close cousins and I'm excited for you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: